Saturday, November 18, 2017

vintage finds from paris and london

Most of the time when I was on vintage hunting trips, luck was hardly on my side. However during the vintage hunting trips in Paris and London, I had a little bit of luck and also some extra money to spend - my so called vintage fashion fund. 

vintage slip
Vintage slip (perhaps from the 50s)

vintage buttons
Vintage mother of pearl buttons 

I bought the vintage slip and vintage buttons from a store in Les Puces. And I also for the first time I tried bargaining as there few stains on the  vintage slip - just trying to push my luck a little. Well, if you don't ask, you will never know. The seller was kind enough to offer some reduction. As for the vintage buttons, I bought them for future sewing projects. Mostly probably a blouse or top.  

vintage dress
Vintage 90s does 50s dress 

When I was in London, I stayed in Notting Hill area and everyday, I passed by a vintage shop with no opening hours information. Such a mysterious shop! One Saturday afternoon, I purposely walked pass the shop hoping it would open. And indeed it was opened for business. Whether I had luck in finding something for myself or not, I was excited to explore the shop. As always, I would check out offer rack first and this 90s does 50s dress was calling out to me.  

vintage bag

vintage bag inside

Vintage bag (era unknown, brand: Rakhams for Harrods Store)

Looking for vintage at the Portobello Market was fun. However, sometimes it was either the piece was not my size or it was over my budget. When I was about to leave the market, I stopped by at a stall selling mostly pre-loved items. Then the lovely golden velvety bag stood out and caught my eyes. Without much hesitation, I decided to give the bag a new home, half way around the world!

I never thought during these vintage hunting trips I had luck. Now, it is a matter of time to wear the dresses. As for the bag, I think I will let it rest for now until a suitable occasion arise.

Have a great weekend everyone. Till my next post, stay chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment